The pandemic broke out in the United States between March and April of 2020. In that same month Anthony Fauci became the most important figure in the fight against Covid 19. The Washington Post got the emails written and received by the virologist to his e-mail address on the server of the «National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases». That’s 866 pages of material. Here is a small summary by points.
1) Fauci immediately comes into contact with one Chinese scientist, George Gao, director of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Gao shows up to deny the meaning of an interview with “Science” in which he accused the US government of “committing a serious mistake by not requiring citizens to wear masks.” He writes to Fauci: «Let’s work together to defeat virus “. Response of the American virologist: “No problem, let’s face it together.”
2) In emails, Fauci never attacks directly Donald Trump. The scientist, however, quickly becomes the target of part of the Republican base, who considers him a saboteur of the president. Another mail arrives from Gao: «I see that is under attack“. The reply: “Don’t worry, everything will be fine, even though there are several crazy people in this way.”
3) The contacts between the scientist and the White House seem held in particular by Marc Short, Chief of Staff to Vice President Mike Pence. The Washington Post reports a cryptic message from Short: “You have identified the symptoms, but you have misdiagnosed the cause.” Perhaps it refers to the fact that Fauci was against the full reopening of the economy, (the “cause” of the pandemic).
The Covid-19 situation in Italy and in the world
4) A parliamentarian Republican, Fred Upton, Michigan asks Fauci for clarification on the possible use of hydroxychloroquine, considered by Trump to be an effective cure against Covid-19. Fauci replies: “It’s almost certain it won’t help.” And then Upton concludes: “You continue to tell the truth imposed by science.” For the record Upton will be one of ten Republican deputies to vote for l’impeachment di Trump, accused of fomenting the attack on Capitol Hill, on January 6, 2021.
5) Basically everyone seeks the virologist for advice or before making social impact decisions. Tom Mayer, chief medical officer of the NFL, the American football league, wants to know if the games can be played with the public. Fauci: «The virus will decide for us». Everyone wants to interview the virologist, “he is inundated with requests from the Italian media,” notes the “Washington Post”.
6) The material confirms the strait bond between Fauci and Bill Gates. An email documents a long conversation on April 1st. Then Emilio Emini, director of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, in charge of following the vaccine dossier, writes to the scientist: “I see her every day on TV … I am seriously worried about her health … The nation and the world absolutely need its leadership “. Fauci replies at 1.53 am: “I try to do my best, given what we are going through ».
June 2, 2021 (change June 2, 2021 | 06:16)
© REPRODUCTION RESERVED