01/06/2021 ore 18:56
Firefox it is completely renewed in form and substance thanks to the new one major release arrived with the version 89. This browser update of Mozilla it represents a decisive step towards the future, since it brings a net dowry interface redesign and features. From today, therefore, Firefox is a clearer, simpler and faster browser, with a more modern look that wants to avoid user frustration and minimize on-screen distractions. Let’s go and see all the Announcements most important and how they were made.
The main window Mozilla’s browser has been totally simplified, eliminating buttons and functions less used by users. The new design plus minimal wants to give users everything they need, saving clicks and effort. Here are the major innovations of Firefox 89.
- Simplified main bar: less frills for the top bar, which now features only the essential keys: navigation buttons, address bar, quick settings;
- Clearer menus: both the hamburger menu (top right button) and the panel that opens on the right mouse click are now both clearer to read and beautiful to look at, with less cryptic descriptions and fewer icons;
- New Tabs with more information: the tabs of the web pages have a completely new shape, they are easier to move and under the title it is possible to read additional information, to understand, for example, which is the tab with a video being played;
- Reorganized notifications: multiple settings in a single notification, so as to reduce the number and waste fewer clicks;
- New iOS version: the version of Firefox for iPhone and iOS has been completely modernized with a new tab view window, faster search and better clarity of icons and option names;
- Anonymous mode: from now it is possible to use the Total Cookie Protection technology even during anonymous browsing.
Analysis and design
All this work was possible thanks todata analysis provided by users, especially by looking at which are the most used areas on the browser interface. As you can see from the image below, there are a lot of points “hot“(Those colored in red and yellow) that are often used, but also areas”cold”(Those in blue and purple) where very few clicks are made.
Thanks to user feedback, the Mozilla programmers have managed to rebalance the user experience, working on both aesthetics and functionality. As always, great importance was also given to performance and to privacy, with new technologies that have increased both the optimization in the use of hardware resources and the protection for personal data.
Availability and downloads
Firefox 89 is available from today June 1, 2021 on all platforms: there are both desktop ones (Windows, Linux, macOS) and mobile ones (Android e iOS). If you are already a Firefox user, the update rollout is already in progress and you may soon receive the update notification. If you want to download the new version of the browser, you can find the links for each platform below.