After the first closed testing period, now is the time to test cross-platform pitched battles. Torn Banner Studios, in fact, has announced the release date of the Cross-Play Open Beta of Chivalry 2 for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X | S. The new test of the network, this time will be open to all: starting from 27 May 2021 until 1 June 2021 it will be possible to freely play this multiplayer game with sword, in anticipation of the June 8th release.
The Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Open Beta will be available to all PC (via Epic Games Store), PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X | S players. It will be possible to make a pre-download of the Cross-Play Open Beta one day before, or on May 26 from 5pm.
La Cross-Play Open Beta include:
● Cross-play on all platforms: Cross-play breaks down the boundaries between PC and console, allowing players to compete on the battlefield together, regardless of platform.
● The Slaughter of Coxwell (New Team Objective Map): The Mason Order tries to make a brutal example of the peaceful village of Coxwell after declaring its support for Argon II. Burn the village, break through the gate, steal the gold and kill the soldiers.
● The Battle of Darkforest (New Team Objective Map): Agathian forces are lurking, ready to ambush the Mason army as it marches to kill the Duke of Fogbern Keep. Destroy the barricade, push the convoy, conquer and hold the guardhouse and kill the Duke.
● The Siege of Rudhelm (Map Team objective): After weeks of siege, the Agathian forces begin a final assault on a Mason stronghold defended by the heir. Push the siege towers, conquer and maintain the guardhouse, burn the tents, push the siege ramps, conquer and maintain the courtyard and take down the heir to achieve victory.
● The Battle of Wardenglade (Team Deathmatch / FFA Map): The armies of the Mason Order and Agathian Knights meet in an open battlefield on an equal footing.
● Tournament Grounds (Team Deathmatch / FFA Map): Elite warriors of the Mason Order and the Agathian Knights fight for supremacy and crowd worship.
● Free for All (New Game Mode): It’s you against everyone else in this chaotic free-for-all frenzy that first appears in the Cross-Play Open Beta.
● Full Customization (New for Open Beta): Customize your in-game appearance and unlock a wide variety of cosmetic options as you gain experience with each of the game’s four base classes and 12 sub-classes.
● Duel Server (New for Open Beta): Available for PC only, players can choose to join special servers set up for players who want to hone their 1-on-1 dueling skills with other players. Participants are advised to respect the honor system and respect players who aim to focus on one-on-one duels.
● Server Options for 64/40 Players (New for Open Beta): Experience the chaos of epic medieval battlefields, launch on the front lines and experience true full-scale combat supporting up to 64 players designed to capture the intensity and scope of “Battle of the Bastards” from Game of Thrones. For players interested in more strategic battles that require more communication and teamwork, there will also be options to join 40-player servers for Team Objective mode.
● Cross Play Party (new for Open Beta): Players can now group and form a party on the same platform before joining a Cross-Play match.
PlayStation users will be able to access the Open Beta for free, without requiring a PlayStation Plus subscription. Xbox users will need to be subscribed to Xbox Live Gold to play the Open Beta. Will you play it?