There is still a long time to go until the release of Diablo 4 and even Immortals, a spin-off for Android and iOS devices, will not arrive until next year. To deceive the wait for new projects, Activision Blizzard has decided to propose to all fans of the series Diablo 2 Resurrected, remastered of the legendary second chapter that can now be played with a new graphic not only on PC but also on consoles (PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S and Nintendo Switch). If you too are about to play the title again or want to take advantage of it to discover an old pearl of the past, here are some tips that could be for you.
On our pages you can also find an article with the first impressions of Diablo 2 Resurrected, waiting for the review that will arrive in the coming days.
Choose the class that’s right for you
Once you have started Diablo 2 Resurrected, the first thing to do is obviously select a class with which to start the adventure.
Here it iscomplete list of classes available in the game with a brief description:
• Amazon: this class is perfect for those who prefer ranged combat thanks to the skills of this character with the bow, although it is also possible to face opponents at short range with the help of a javelin. The Amazon is more complex to use than other classes, both for the difficulties in building the build and for the presence of ammunition
• Assassin: he is the classic fragile but lethal character who adopts a touch and flight style of play and is able to set traps. Diablo 2 players usually prefer to use the Assassin in PvP, in which mode it manages to give its best
• Negromante: the ultimate summoner, the Necromancer can stand by and watch his undead army fight for him or, alternatively, he can detonate the corpses of fallen foes to inflict heavy damage on those still standing
• Barbaro: there is not much to say about this Diablo classic, that is a fighter who bases everything on brute force and can use two one-handed weapons at the same time to tear apart the enemy
• Paladino: excellent class for those who want to play offline thanks to the high attack power accompanied by a good defense and a decent variety of skills
• Enchantress: with the Paladin it is perhaps one of the most loved classes in the game. The Enchantress is the classic sorceress whose spells can inflict large amounts of damage (especially against the first bosses) and weaken enemies
• Druid: It is probably the most attractive class in the eyes of players, as it has skills that allow it to transform into a bear and slaughter enemies by clawing. It is in effect an alternative version of the Enchantress
There is no class stronger than the others, but some of the ones you can read above are more complex to use and require some open player experience to unleash their full power. If you are a beginner, we suggest you opt for the Necromancer, Paladin or Enchantress.
Plan the build
If the choice of class in Diablo 2 Resurrected does not change the difficulty of the game by much, to have a noticeable impact on the experience is the character building both for what concerns the equipment
that as regards the distribution of stat points and skill points. The worst way to upgrade a character is to upgrade all attributes in parallel, since such a choice does not allow the hero to make the most of his characteristics. It is therefore very important to understand what are the skills around which you want to build the build and, consequently, distribute with a certain criterion all the points and use the equipment (including the gems to be embedded in the pieces that allow it) that enhances all the parameters you are aiming for. Know that it is possible to make a points reset already in Act 1, speaking with Aqara, but this possibility should only be used in cases of dire need, as other methods useful for distributing points from scratch are difficult to access.
Two fundamental objects
From the very beginning of Diablo 2 Resurrected you will be allowed to talk to Akara at the camp and access her inventory by selecting the “trade” item in the interaction menu. This non-player character has two valuable items for sale to any player: the Tome of Identification and the City Portal Tome. These two volumes have a function
really useful, since they act as binders for parchments able to identify objects or create portals for the gaming hub. Each of the scrolls takes up one slot in the small inventory, but each tome allows you to store up to twelve scrolls of the same type in just two slots. In case you do not have the necessary money to purchase, please go back to Aqara after clearing the first dungeon, so that you have enough funds for the investment.
Arm yourself to the teeth
Still on the subject of inventory management, it might be useful to prepare two different sets of weapons for your character. In Diablo 2 Resurrected there is the possibility of simultaneously assigning two different weapons to the character that can be changed even in combat by pressing the right analog stick for those who play with a controller. To assign
the weapons in the inventory screen, all you need to do is always press the right stick or click on the Roman numerals I and II, which indicate the first and second set. Taking advantage of this very useful feature you could for example switch from long range weapons such as the bow to short range weapons such as the sword and be ready for any eventuality.
Prepare to die
New players to Diablo 2 Resurrected will have to get used to one particular mechanics linked to death: every time the protagonist is defeated in battle, in fact, all active equipment (therefore only weapons and armor worn, not those in the inventory) stay on the corpse and the player is reborn at the gaming hub. Fortunately lost equipment can be recovered returning to the corpse and interacting with it, but to do this requires a good dose of organization. Come again
the place of death may not be easy because of the enemies that will hinder your path and, therefore, it is good to always have some spare weapon to use in emergency situations like this. It is also very important to return to the point of death with some free inventory slots, otherwise you will not be able to recover the objects present on the corpse. Also don’t forget to take advantage of the City Portal Tome to always have some scrolls to use before a difficult fight or a boss and thus avoid long journeys to get back to where you died.
Hire the Mercenaries
Although not covered by the tutorials, it does exist in Diablo 2 Reurrected
a game mechanic that could be very useful for all those players who want to tackle the Blizzard adventure alone. Let’s talk about the possibility to be accompanied by a Mercenary, a character controlled by artificial intelligence and who fights alongside your hero to the last breath. During the adventure you can hire several figures of this type and the first is unlocked in theAct 1, talking to the NPC named Kashya. It should be noted that the Mercenaries are incredibly fragile when starting to follow you and it is of fundamental importance to transfer in their inventory all the useful items to fight properly.