iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 were officially unveiled in June, on the occasion of the WWDC 2021 from Apple. However, it is in conjunction with the release of the new iPhones that the Cupertino company is preparing to release them in a stable version also on some of the previous iterations of the iPhone and iPad.
Following the presentation of the new iPhone 13, Apple also announced the release date of the update: below all the details on the next version of iOS and iPadOS.
iOS 15 is compatible with all iPhones starting with iPhone 6s and iPadOS 15 is compatible with iPads starting with the fifth generation.
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max
- iPhone X, iPhone XR
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone SE (1st and 2nd generation)
- iPod Touch (7th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9″
- iPad Pro 11″
- iPad Pro 10.5″
- iPad Pro 9.7″
- iPad (from 5th generation)
- iPad Mini (from 4th generation)
- iPad Air (from 2nd generation)
IOS 15 release
iOS 15 and iPadOS will be available on the previously mentioned iPhones and iPads starting September 20.
We have already exposed the main novelties of iOS 15 to you in the dedicated article. Among the most important are:
- FaceTime: Spatial audio, voice isolation and wide spectrum. There will also be Facetime Links, which will allow you to connect to a Facetime call even from Android or PC.
- Messages: new layout for galleries, Shared with you section to store links and other shared information.
- Notifications: the new Notification Summary and the Focus mode to modify the notifications received.
- Photo: new image processing with AI, live text, object recognition, photo search from Spotlight.
- Apple Wallet: addition of company badges, digital keys of cars, home and hotel rooms, in the United States also the driver’s license.
- Maps: the new maps have already arrived in Italy as well.