The Spanish newspaper Vandal unveils the gaming sales figures of the week 15 – March 21, 2021, for both hardware and software. Through these we can see that PS5 continues to sell well, surpassing both Xbox and Switch sales, even added together, in the period under analysis. Let’s see all the data.
Here she is hardware ranking of Spanish sales for the week 15 – 21 March 2021:
- PS5 Standard: 8,050 units
- Nintendo Switch: 4,400 units
- PlayStation 5 Digital: 2,800 units
- PlayStation 4: 1,000 units
- Xbox Series S: 575 unità
- Xbox Series X: 400 unità
- Xbox One: 100 units
As you can see, adding up the sales of both versions of PS5, we reach the figure of 10,850 consoles sold, well above the results of Xbox Series X | S and Nintendo Switch (contrary to what happens in Japan). The sale of PlayStation consoles also allows Spider-Man Miles Morales in the PS5 version to move up in the ranking of software sales, which you can see below:
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury (Switch)
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
- Hades (Switch)
- Minecraft (Switch)
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
- Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville (Switch)
- Ring Fit Adventure (Switch)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII (PS4)
As you can see, however, the ranking is still dominated by Switch games, first and foremost the much appreciated Bowser’s Fury. As mentioned, this ranking is for the week 15 – 21 March 2021, or before the release of Monster Hunter Rise. It will be interesting to see, as soon as they become available, the Switch sales figures for the last week of March.
PS5 and Xbox Series X | S, internationally, are hard to find – their shortage could be down to $ 1 pieces.
Get the latest news delivered to your inbox
Follow us on social media networks