Covid and the consequent closures have strongly affected and bent the world of culture that tries, after more than a year of empty rooms and lowered shutters, to survive. In this emergency context, on 30 April 2021, Senator dem Brianza was handed over to the rapporteur of the VII Culture Commission of the Senate Roberto Rampi, the proposed reform of the work in the show elaborated by Permanent Cultural Parliament who took office since last March 27 in the cloister of Small Theater of Via Rovello in Milan.
WATCH THE VIDEO:
The proposal started from the Piccolo Teatro in Milan
“The great challenge is to bring order to chaos, to give protection to a job that must remain discontinuous but not precarious and this is the goal” – said Rampi – “In the words I heard on April 30, I found so much of the story of the Piccolo, that he believed in culture as a transformation and conquest of rights, which must annoy and disturb, open up new territories. The Senate first started a joint work of culture and work, we sat down together with three bills filed.”
Also attended the meeting via zoom Nunzia Catalfo, rapporteur of the 11th Senate Labor Committee:
“This document – he announced – will be part of the documents we acquire to intervene on the proposal that contains the 3 legislative proposals, of which 2 concern the labor, social and social security matters of the sector “.
A reform of work in the entertainment world
Focal theme is the recognition for all people who work in entertainment, with a subordinate or autonomous contract, of the figure of the worker and of the discontinuous worker / or of the show business, through a tax and social security reform thanks to which the placement always takes place exclusively in the Entertainment workers pension fund (Fpls), protection and social and social security benefits (sickness, unemployment, accident, maternity, paternity, leave, family allowances, strenuous jobs, etc) are improved and appropriate requisites for retirement are re-established.
Here are all the requests:
- Creation of a Virtual Desk, within the Inps site Fpls section, which represents the Ordinary Instrument for the simplification of the practices of direct hiring of workers, also allowing individual citizens, companies that do not have entertainment and events as their primary activity, public bodies and to the Public Administration, therefore all subjects not enrolled in the ex-Enpals management, to pay contributions in the Fpls if they avail themselves of the services of workers enrolled in it.
- Institution of an Continuity income which, recognizing the discontinuous nature of the work in the show, introduces a compensatory support for periods of inactivity, adjusted to the cost of living and calculated on the basis of requirements linked to the number of working days accrued in the FPLS and the workers’ income (43 days in the last 12 months or, in case of non-achievement, 90 days in the last 36 months, within the of € 40,000 of gross income in the previous fiscal year).
- Focus also dedicated to promote labor policies according to the principle of Occupational Responsibility: thanks to the correct placement of workers in direct employment in the FPLS and proportional tax relief measures for the most virtuous companies, in addition to increasing the contribution revenue in the reference fund, greater well-being of the workers would be guaranteed thanks to the achievement of the protections, qualitatively relaunching the entertainment sector.
- Modification of the current system of self-employment in the show, with a regulatory and fiscal reorganization designed ad hoc, taking into account the unique peculiarities of work in the sector. Starting from the assumption that the nature of work in the show is almost always subordinate, as it is included within a production process that implies the coordination, coexistence and respect of an organization with other parties, when this is not the case with the use of the game VAT must be a choice and not an imposition.
- A legislation that identify as soon as possible both professionally and fiscally the position of the trainer and the trainer of Performing Arts and Techniques, through the establishment of a new IVS qualification code in the Fpls / Inps. It is also necessary to update and reorganize all IVS codes within the same Fund.
- Activation, in a short time, of theNational Observatory and of the Regional Observatories, to monitor and analyze the dynamics of the entire sector in the production, training, legislative, employment and contractual fields, as well as for the activation of correct category studies for legal purposes.
- Activation as soon as possible of the Commission for the Equal opportunities, implementing measures that make it possible to achieve a balance of gender representation in every sector of the Performing Arts.
- Remodeling of the criteria for disbursement and accessibility of FUS funds according to a logic of pluralism, transparency and real control, which takes into account a net decrease in the minimum requirements to facilitate access to the “first instances” and for the realities that are able to guarantee the redistribution of public funds on the territory, establishing good circulation practices of products not only their own, to protect of equity, liveliness of offer and cultural safeguard.