Elections, turnout at 23:00 sharply down both for the Regionals in Calabria and for the Municipalities in all the main cities of Italy
At 23:00 the turnout of the elections Regional in Calabria and Municipalities in the main cities of Italy today to vote to renew their respective President / Mayors and Regional / Municipal Councils is clearly decreasing. Especially in Calabria, for the Regional elections, there is a clear decline in voter turnout compared to the January 2020 elections: at 23:00 today only the 30,87% of those entitled to vote, compared to 44.33% last year but remember that at that time they voted in a single day (the seats reopen tomorrow at 07:00).
Collapses to Reggio Calabria voter turnout: from 52.38% last year to 32,13% today, despite the challenge between the various candidates of the different sides in the field.
Keeps the turnout at Cosenza where, remember, you also vote for the municipal elections and therefore there is a “drag” effect: those who vote for the administrative also vote for the regional ones. The city of Bruzi has the highest voter turnout at 23:00, when it voted on 48,21% of those entitled (last time 54.93%).
Attendance in sharp decline also a Catanzaro (36,63% today 54.35% a year ago), a Crotone (25,00 today 44.48% a year ago at 19:00) ea Vibo Valentia (30,39% today 48.24% a year ago).
Municipal elections: voter turnout decreasing in all major cities
Voter turnout is also in sharp decline due to municipal elections in all major Italian cities called to vote to elect Mayor and City Council. The data:
- Benevento 54,46% (municipal precedents 78,53%)
- Caserta 48,92% (municipal precedents 70,93%)
- Salerno 46,54% (municipal precedents 68,41%)
- Latina 46,06% (municipal precedents 70,15%)
- Grosseto 44,89% (municipal precedents 67,48%)
- Savona 44,51% (municipal precedents 61,91%)
- Rimini 42,12% (municipal precedents 57,87%)
- Novara 41,81% (municipal precedents 60,59%)
- Ravenna 41,40% (municipal precedents 61,28%)
- Varese 40,15% (municipal precedents 55,89%)
- Milano 37,76% (municipal precedents 54,65%)
- Roma 36,82% (municipal precedents 57,03%)
- Torino 36,50% (municipal precedents 57,18%)
- Bologna 35,19% (municipal precedents 59,66%%)
- Naples 33,72% (municipal precedents 54,12%)