Pieve Emanuele (Milan), 28 September 2021 – Two workers died in a nitrogen depot at the headquarters of the Humanitas hospital in Pieve Emanuele in the Milanese area. This is what the firefighters report. The two, workers of an external company, died, probably due to the poisoning by azolto. On-site helicopter rescue, 118 personnel, firefighters, Carabinieri and local police. The incident took place in the laboratory area of the university campus of Pieve, far from the hospital. The victims were 42 and 46 years old. It is not excluded that the death was caused by nitrogen poisoning.
The cause of the accident it may have been a leak of liquid nitrogen in the depot of the headquarters of the Humanitas hospital. The two workers, either dead from intoxication or from freezing burns, worked for an external company, the Sol group, which were taking care of the nitrogen supply. The Milan Public Prosecutor’s Office is investigating the case and the file will be opened for the hypothesis of manslaughter. On the spot the judicial police team of the department led by the adjunct Tiziana Siciliano and also a doctor of the Ats, in addition to the carabinieri.
News being updated.
© All rights reserved