Summary of this article:
Another weekend is upon us and the Milanese summer is becoming more and more full of events for all tastes: the concerts of the Sforzesca Summer, the AriAnteo open-air cinema, up to the more relaxed atmosphere of Ride Milano. Furthermore, this Sunday all of Italy will be involved in the most important of events: the Euro2020 final against England!
Our spiegoneweekend is always here to collect the best weekend events in Milan and give you the ideas to experience every minute of the upcoming weekend!
The weekend weather in Milan will be warm and sunny, but without the dreaded heat. To learn more about the day-to-day weather forecast, our guide will show you average temperatures and climate tips.
News of the week
Weekend events not to be missed
- They leave from Thursday 8 July the FAI Summer Evenings, dedicated to the exploration of palaces and gardens throughout Italy at sunset and sunset. The locations in Milan and Lombardy and the calendar of events
- Ritorna in the courtyard of the Royal Palace, the Incoronata and the gardens of the Triennale AriAnteo, one of the most popular summer film festivals in Milan.
- Come back the Sforza Summer, with concerts, dance and theater in the heart of one of the best known and most loved monuments in Milan. All the info and the July program.
- Italy is in the final of the 2021 European Football Championships: where to see the matches and all the big screens in Milan
- It is officially open Laughs Milan! The space of the former Porta Genova railway yard will once again host concerts, exhibitions and events of all kinds. The July program.
- The Municipality 6 of Milan set up for the day Friday 9 July at 5 pm a special photographic competition to which everyone can participate freely with smartphones or cameras. The themes will be chosen by the judges at the start of the event. At the end of the race all the photos will be printed by the organization and
- and exhibited in Piazza Enrico Berlinguer. For info and registration [email protected] tel 3472338514
- Back for the tenth edition Palazzo Marino in music, the review that every year offers free concerts in the splendid Sala Alessi of the sixteenth-century Palazzo Marino, seat of the Municipality of Milan. The concerts welcome young emerging talents together with artists of proven fame and experience: the duo Kouate & Simone Mor, pianists Gaetano Liquori, Simone Daclon and Giuseppe Vitale, Sandra Conte, Elephant Claps and the students of the G. Verdi Conservatory in Milan. Photographers, writers, philosophers, painters, dancers are also involved in the exhibition for a project centered on music, free to identify and pursue new and unexplored paths.
- At the Garden Steflor in Paderno Dugnano until August 1st Until August 1st there will be the “Succulent Plants – Pungent Passion” exhibition, thanks to which visitors can be catapulted into a wonderful Mexican landscape. On display there will be a thousand varieties of plants with centuries-old, high-impact, unusual and rare species. The protagonists will be the Pachycereus, the Opuntia, the Myrtillocactus, the Euphorbia, the Echeveria, the Crassula and many others.
Theater and music in Milan: the weekend shows
- Concerts in Milan: all the updated dates of the 2021 live shows
- Salmo Stadi: the new dates of the 2022 tour
- Last: all tour dates moved to 2022
- Friday 9 July at 9.30 pm, at the Chiostro Nina Vinchi, there will be a new appointment of The end of the world is unique every time, by title 1st Mondeggiamento: coral stitch, a lesson in crochet and marine biology, conducted by Martina Motta and Giovanni Chimienti, “moderated” by Marta Cuscunà. Price € 5
- The cycle Transfigured Nights of the Civic School of Music Claudio Abbado ends on 9 July at 8.45 pm with a fascinating journey into chamber music in the setting of the courtyard of Villa Simonetta. We start with Georg Philipp Telemann, to continue with Franz Schubert and the Introduction and variations for flute and piano inspired by the lied Trockne Blumen (Withered flowers) from the collection Die schöne Müllerin (The beautiful miller), based on texts by the romantic poet Wilhelm Müller , and the Allegro moderato and Allegro Vivace from the Duo op. 162 for violin and piano. Then follows Pëtr Il’ič Čajkovskij and the virtuosic reworking of some themes of his work Evgenij Onegin, based on Pushkin’s masterpiece of the same name, along with many other great names in chamber music. At the end of the evening it will also be possible to listen to the music composed by the students of the Music for the Image course, which will accompany the animated comics of the adventures of Tex Willer (animation by the students of the Luchino Visconti Civic School of Cinema). The park in via Mac Mahon, in the area of Villa Simonetta, has recently been named after Gianluigi Bonelli, Tex’s father. Free admission subject to availability
- In the frame of Festival of Villa Arconati-FAR, Friday 9 July the concert of Cristina Donà will be held DeSidera (€ 13.00 + ddp), while on Saturday 10 July Michela Murgia will be a guest of the review with the intervention Where are the women (18 euros + ddp)
Art and exhibitions in Milan
Activities for children and families
- Friday 9 July, at the PIME museum in Milan children aged 6 to 11 – accompanied by their parents, will be able to discover the secrets of animals and their close relationship with indigenous peoples from all over the world by participating in the “Talking Animals” workshop. Following, a workshop to make their favorite animal with the help of tempera, pastels and a lot of creativity. The initiative is part of the Museum Summer Lab cycle. To participate (reduced costs): children € 3 + € 5 for the activity. Accompanying persons: € 3.
- Sunday 11 July the new event for families with children organized by the Educational Services of the Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo di Milano: Up and down the Duomo. When did the construction of the Milan Cathedral begin? Who were the protagonists of its history? What are the wonderful works of art that it holds? Let’s find out together, between games and curiosities, in a walk that from the Cathedral will take us to the Terraces, at the foot of the Madonnina, to admire the high and solemn spiers that rise up towards the sky and enjoy a wonderful panoramic view of the city between past and future. Special family price: 1 adult + 1 child € 32 (possibility of adding additional single participants at a cost of € 13 per person). Recommended age: 5-11 years. Reservation required online within 24 hours of the visit
Cinema: events and films not to be missed
Gastronomy and restaurants in Milan
Trips out of town
- Where to go by bike? Here are 6 itineraries to get out of the city on two wheels
- The most beautiful antiques markets in Lombardy
- The most beautiful places in Garda recommended by those who live there
- Curon and Lake Resia: the mysterious history of the submerged village
- The most beautiful mountain walks near Milan
- The most beautiful beaches less than two hours from Milan
- Trip to Mount Sighignola, the Balcony of Italy
- Excursion to Clanezzo, a walk through history
- The five most beautiful parks a stone’s throw from Milan
- What to see in Como: from the center to the lakefront to the Volta lighthouse
- Trip to discover Annecy: from the small village to the fairytale castle
- Trip to discover the castles in Lombardy, from Bergamo to the lakes
- A tour of the royal residences in Lombardy
- Trip to Soncino: what to see from the Castle to the most beautiful small village in Italy
- Three ideas for trips out of town starting from Milan
- Castles in Lombardy here are some of the most beautiful and unmissable
- Villa Monastero: house museum and botanical gardens on Lake Como
- Trip to Lecco: lakeside and places of the Manzoni
- Trip to the medieval village of Grazzano Visconti
- From 10 to 11 July at the Belgioioso Castle It will take place Belgioioso Comics and Games, the first edition of the market fair where it will be possible to find a wide range of comics, fantasy books, boxed games, gadgets, action figures, models and statues inspired by manga traction and many items from the world of cosplay, steampunk clothing and accessories. The Fair Authority has provided a free shuttle service that will connect the Belgioioso Castle with the Pavia railway station; the shuttles will depart from Pavia station with an hourly frequency (10.30-11.30 etc.). Full ticket: 8 € – Reduced ticket 6 € (children 6/12, over 60)
- The Italian company of acrobats Sonics, appreciated all over the globe for its poetic and daring aerial choreography, is waiting for this Saturday 10 July in LECCO for the opening night of CON LA TESTA ALL’INSU ‘, the international festival of high altitude wonders organized by the Municipality of Lecco. Free admission show subject to availability. For more information: tel. 0341 481143 (Municipality Tourism and Culture Service) [email protected]
- Al Padernello Castle, a majestic fifteenth-century manor of the Lower Brescia, returned to life thanks to a restoration that saw the community at the forefront, on some special nights of the year, the drawbridge descends over the moat to welcome the lucky visitors ready to seize the deeper and hidden soul of the castle. The guided tours at night discovering the secret life of the castle take place Saturday 10 and Friday 30 July, Friday 6 and Sunday 8 August 2021 from 21.00 to 22.30, at the price of 18 euros per person. Reservations are required on the castle’s website: only 25 places available.
- Back in the suggestive scenery of Villa Tittoni Traversi in Desio, the tenth edition of Parco Tittoni festival: until 5 September 2021 over three months dedicated to music and live shows, with a schedule full of news and special events, from art to theater, to cinema and gastronomy. Saturday 10th July THE DOORS LYSERGIC EXPERIENCE * TRIBUTE TO THE DOORS will be held, fifty years after the death of Jim Morrison, the cover band led by Cristian D’oria and Giuseppe Magnelli report the sounds of the band, together with short readings of anecdotes, stories and poems to pay homage to the Lizard King. On Sunday 11 July the park will host all the fans who want to follow the final of the 2021 European Championships
- Rossini Art Site will welcome the public every Sunday of the 2021 season, until 18 July. It will be possible to go back for a walk immersed in the greenery of the open-air museum, admiring the prestigious works of modern and contemporary art of the Collection, which is enriched with new features every opening season. Sunday 27 June at 5.00 pm The Wild Weeds Hunter will guide the participants in the visit on a botanical walk to discover the wild plants that populate the Rossini Art Site: characteristics, curiosities and uses in the kitchen of the spontaneous flora that grows right under our eyes but which often goes unnoticed. During the journey, all participants will have the opportunity to compose their small ‘walking herbarium’ with the plants collected along the way. The sculpture park will be open every Sunday from 10.30 to 18.30. Tickets: full € 9, reduced € 6, families € 24.