Bologna, 15 September 2021 – In Emilia-Romagna we start with the third dose of covid vaccine gives next Monday, September 20th. And there is already something new: goodbye queues at the pharmacy at dawn, goodbye nights in front of the computer. Persons belonging to the categories for which administration is envisaged they won’t have to do anything, because they will come directly contacted by the health authorities. And indeed, the first calls have already started.
Contagion today Emilia Romagna: the coronavirus bulletin 15 September 2021
I am two cases for which the third dose of the vaccine is scheduled, with different timing of administration: to complete the primary vaccination course, because in these circumstances an additional dose it is considered necessary to ensure an adequate level of immune response; or – and in this case it speaks of booster dose or booster – to carry out a booster after the primary vaccination course has already been completed, with the aim of maintaining an adequate level of immune response over time.
will administered after at least six months from the last administration and is intended forpeople a greater risk to develop serious illness for conditions of fragility (come the great elders oi hospitalized subjects in the RSA) andpossibly to the health workers depending on the level of exposure to the virus. The third dose in these cases serves to maintain an adequate level of immune response over time.
The additional dose should be administered after at least 28 days from the lastand is addressed primarily to transplanted and immunocompromised subjects, including for example patients with oncological or onco-haematological pathology in treatment with immunosuppressive drugs, myelosuppressive drugs in treatment and up to 6 months after discontinuation of treatment, or people on dialysis and with severe chronic renal failure.
At the top of the list in this category are subjects subjected to transplant, the immunodepressi, who suffers from kidney failure who have already completed the primary vaccination course. Here is the complete list, taking into account that the ministerial circular specifies that it may be updated in the future on the basis of new scientific evidence:
• Transplant solid organ in immunosuppressive therapy
• haematopoietic stem cell transplantation (within 2 years of transplantation or immunosuppressive therapy for chronic graft versus host disease)
• waiting for organ transplant
• therapies based on T cells expressing an antigenic chemical receptor (CART cells)
• pathology oncological o onco-haematological treatment with immunosuppressive or myelosuppressive drugs or less than 6 months after the suspension of treatment
• immunodeficienze primitive (e.g. DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome, common variable immunodeficiency etc.)
• immunodeficiencies secondary to pharmacological treatment (eg: high-dose corticosteroid therapy over time, immunosuppressive drugs, biological drugs with significant impact on the function of the immune system, etc.)
• dialysis and severe chronic renal failure
• past splenectomia
• acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) with CD4 + T cell counts <200 cells / µl or based on clinical judgment.
Covid: today’s news
Covid Bulletin today in Italy: Coronavirus data and infections of the 15 September of the regions
Covid Reggio Emilia: “In some schools they do not accept the negative swab”
Vaccine, third dose after at least 28 days from the second. It starts with the transplanted
Vaccines without reservations for students: two hubs in Bologna
Covid Rimini: outbreak among the elderly on vacation
Dead mouse at the Modena Polyclinic: the truth in the videos. The no vax track is beaten
© All rights reserved