The Sostegni bis decree, following in the footsteps of previous decrees, he defined one access road to non-repayable contributions by providing a rose of possibilities wider (and more advantageous) respect to the previous one support law n. 41/2021.
In some respects the new Sostegni bis decree (Legislative Decree no. 73/2021) it follows the previous contribution non-repayable, which comes reconfirmed and automatically recognized to the old beneficiaries. The novelty concerns the two other forms of refreshment that perhaps could be more advantageous. Let’s analyze in detail the three hypotheses to understand the areas of application and opportunities.
The support decree bis has foreseen some grants in favor of those activities deeply affected by the restrictions resulting from the pandemic.
It is evident it effort by the Draghi Government to help businesses, professionals and the self-employed allocating around 14 billion euros for aid to VAT numbers. It is equally evident that i allocated funds are barely sufficient to buffer a disastrous situation and they certainly do not represent the push to restart that one imagined.
This reworking of the non-repayable contributions introduced by dl supports bis, precisely atarticle 1, It shows up, compared to the past, more diversified and attentive to the damage suffered by the activities with greater seasonality and let’s see why, summing up all the possibilities that the new decree has made available to businesses.
The old Business Bonus of Legislative Decree 41/2021
The support decree introduced a non-repayable contribution in favor of VAT numbers under the following conditions:
- VAT number active on 23 March 2021 (date which coincides with the entry into force of the Sostegni decree);
- the revenues or remuneration of the potential beneficiary must not exceed 10 million euros in the year 2019;
- the average monthly turnover for the year 2020 must be at least 30% lower than the average monthly turnover for the year 2019.
New business bonus 2021: the 3 hypotheses of the bis support decree
The new decree in addition to providing a form of identical contribution to that provided for by the dl supports, has introduced others two modes of refreshment.
In short, the calculation of losses is always based on turnover or fees, but the beneficiary can choose whether build on the losses incurred between 2019 and 2020 (as required by the dl supports) or whether to consider the period from 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021, just because it’s cheaper.
The first hypothesis is nothing more than the reflection of the contribution as envisaged by the previous support decree. So a who has been awarded the contribution previous one, will automatically receive the new refreshment, without there being the need to submit a further application.
In second hypothesis the calculation is based on comparison of losses during the period between 1st April 2020 and 31st March 2021.
The grants will come recognized to anyone who carries out business, agricultural, art or profession activities and had revenues or fees (referring to the year 2019) in limit of 10 million euros and who has suffered a decrease in average monthly turnover of at least 30% in twelve months thereafter.
The calculation of the new grant is up percentage basis. I’m five bands for determining the contribution:
- 60% contribution for revenues or fees not exceeding 100,000 euros;
- 50% for revenues or fees included between 100,000 and 400,000 euros;
- 40% for revenues and fees included between 400,000 and 1,000,000 euros;
- 30% for including revenues between 1 and 5 million euros.
- 20% for revenues and fees included between 5 and 10 million euros.
New business bonus 2021: who is entitled to
Who will be able to take advantage of the dual option? To answer you have to do one distinction between:
- those who turn out to be already beneficiaries of the indemnity provided for by dl supports 1, will come to them delivered automatically the new contribution for a amount equal to the previous one;
- those who are already beneficiaries of the indemnity provided for by dl supports 1 but what they opt for the new calculation system because they feel they can draw a greater economic advantage. In other words, it is as if it were recognized as a additional support compared to that already obtained as he is given the opportunity to obtain aintegration of the indemnity in case, from the comparison of losses in the period from 1st April 2020 and 31st March 2021 higher losses arise than in the period from 2019 to 2020. In other words, this is a kind of adjustment with respect to what is required.
- new beneficiaries who remained outside the previous refreshment points and therefore did not have access to the aid of the Sostegni decree.
For the latter category, the percentages have been changed upwards, by way of reimbursement for not having had access to previous aid, specifically they are the following:
- 90% of the loss for a turnover not exceeding 100,000 euros;
- 70% on the 100,000 and up to 400,000;
- 50% on the 400,000e up to 1 million;
- 40% on 1 million and up to 5 million,
- 30% on the 5 million and up to 10 million euros.
I new beneficiaries, unlike the old grant recipients, they are required to submit a specific application to obtain non-repayable contributions toRevenue Agency.
For all the different types of recipients of the contribution, the rule applies that the amount of contribution cannot exceed 150 thousand euros.
New business bonus 2021: an example to understand
At this point it is appropriate to give an example to better understand.
Hypothesis: owner of VAT number with the first decree he received a indemnity of 6,000 euros. Snap in automatic recognition of an additional 6,000 euros.
Suppose the subject in question chooses the second option or decides to take into account the losses incurred from 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021. Take a highest contribution, 7,000 euros. The new grant is equal to 1000 euros (7.000-6.000).
In the event that a lower compensation, the professional will only receive the first 6,000 euros, swithout the additional bonus of 1000 euros.
New business bonus 2021: contribution on the decline in profit. The third hypothesis
The third hypothesis of a non-repayable contribution provided for by the bis support decree, is an indemnity calculated on the decline in profits.
The Support Decree bis to art. 1 paragraph 19 provides:
The non-repayable grant referred to in paragraph 16 it is up to condition that there is a worsening of the economic result for the year relating to the tax period in progress as at 31 December 2020, compared to that relating to the tax period in progress as at 31 December 2019, to an extent equal to or greater than the percentage defined by decree of the Minister of Economy and Finance “
In other words, the new contribution non-repayable is recognized only in the presence of a decrease in the economic result for the year (i.e. the difference between costs and revenues) referring to the tax period in progress at 31 December 2020, compared to that relating to 2019. In this way the reference of the heat of the turnover is lost and that of the drop in profits takes over.
In doing so, the reference is no longer the drop in turnover, but the drop in profits. For this type of help time I am a bit longer why is it necessary submit the tax return relating to the tax period in progress as of December 31, 2020 by September 10, 2021.
Editorial consultant, born in 1973.
Graduated in Law at theUniversity of Bari, after the legal practice I worked for many years, with increasing responsibilities, in a multinational market leader in theprofessional publishing. I started dealing with economy in an online newspaper for professionals and, as sole director, of a training and financial information company. For years I have been dealing with Editorial Consultancy. Writing is a great passion of mine, I love to say something, leave a message.
My slogan? “Happiness is a way of seeing”.