Chlorine tap water: one in three people from Belluno does not drink it

Chlorine tap water: one in three people from Belluno does not drink it
Chlorine tap water: one in three people from Belluno does not drink it

BELLUNO. 66.8% of Belluno people drink tap water, the remaining 33.2% complain of a bad smell of chlorine and a lack of purity following atmospheric events. This is the result of the survey launched between mid-June and the end of August among the Bim Gsp users of the province, wanted by the Advisory Committee of the users of the Council of the Belluno Dolomites basin.

The questionnaire was distributed to the associations adhering to the Committee, namely consumer associations, industrialists, farmers, artisans, traders and trade unions. The questions posed to citizens are simple: “Do you drink tap water? “Why don’t you drink it?”. “This is the first public survey on water”, said Guido Mattera, president of the Users’ Committee, presenting the data, “it was designed to draw attention to public water, to understand if there are critical issues and if can improve the service. The next move ”, Mattera continues,“ will be to ask for a meeting with Bim Gsp to deliver these results and understand how to overcome the problems highlighted ”.

THE QUESTIONNAIRE

Over 560 responses were received (398 only from Valbelluna) through the Google Forms platform and the sheets left in the offices of the various associations. «The figure is certainly lower than we expected, but it can be improved. The answers came from users residing in 48 municipalities in Belluno, so the capillarity of the survey is good, a survey that has no polemical purpose against Bim Gsp “, Mattera pointed out”.

AND PROBLEMS

One of the major problems detected is the persistent smell of chlorine from the water that comes out of the taps, so much so that it is unappetizing. Added to this is the fact that in the mountains the collection takes place through tanks, where often, following rains and storms, the water changes smell, color and clarity. “We will ask Bim Gsp to intervene both on the tank system and on the chlorine”, underlined the president Mattera. Bruno Deola of the CISL echoes him, underlining: “These results must serve as a stimulus to the water company to draw up a list of priority interventions to be implemented.” Diego Pezzei of Legaconsumatori shares the same opinion: «In the Gsp intervention plan there is the intention to eliminate chlorine by means of carbon filters to be placed in the sockets. But we must also understand what the priorities may be for the company that has to manage the numerous leaks in the pipes and many other interventions. We want to understand which are the works that must be prepared first ».

“Every intervention carried out by Gsp”, concludes Mattera, “will have to be supported by the tariff, a tariff which is destined to increase as early as next year”.

PREV First home mortgages, you change. The Region tests the interest subsidy
NEXT Elon Musk is the richest man in the world! Overcome Jeff Bezos thanks also to the Tesla title