08 June 2021 18:26
If in the province of Palermo the situation now seems under control (there are just 25 new cases found in the last 24 hours), it is that of Catania that “worries” Sicily with its approximately 150 daily infections (today 176). Across the island – according to the usual bulletin of the Ministry of Health – there are 337 new Covid cases out of 22,004 swabs (6,376 molecular and 15,628 rapid with 1.5% the positive rate). Sicily is the region with the most daily infections in Italy, but with these numbers the white zone starting from 21 June should not be at risk.
The victims are 12, while the healed 502. Thus the current positives become 7,706. After the Sunday break, ordinary hospitalizations return to drop from 392 to 368 (-24), while 42 patients remain in intensive care (-1) but there are no new daily admissions.
This is the situation in the other provinces: Messina (23), Syracuse (12), Trapani (8), Ragusa (16), Agrigento (56), Caltanissetta (20), Enna (1).
Vaccines, green light in Sicily for over 12s
The situation in the rest of Italy
Today there are 1,896 new cases out of 220,000 swabs and 102 deaths across the nation. The regions with the most cases are Sicily (337), Lombardy (291) and Campania (251). The decline in hospitalizations both in intensive care (688, -71) and in the ordinary wards (4.685, -225) continues. The currently infected are 181,726 (-7 thousand) of which 176 thousand in home isolation while 8,519 people have been discharged or healed.
- New cases: 1,896, yesterday 1,273
- Cases tested: 24089, yesterday 26724
- Swabs (diagnostic and control): 220,917, yesterday 84,567
- molecular: 101689 of which 1736 positive equal to 1.70%, yesterday 2.47%
- rapid: 119228 of which 158 are positive
- Currently positive: 181,726, yesterday 188,453
- Hospitalized: 4,685, -225
- Hospitalized in Intensive Care: 688, -71, 17 new admissions
- Deaths after a positive swab: 126,690
- Total positive cases since the beginning of the pandemic: 4,235,592
- Total Discharged / Healed: 3,927,176
- Vaccinated: 13,252,430 people equal to 24.4% of the population over 12 years old, 38,967,383 doses administered that is 91.9% of the 27,733,972 doses delivered by Pfizer, the 4,096,657 delivered by Moderna and the 8,993,380 AstraZeneca vaccines and 1,559,700 Janssen monodoses produced by Johnson & Johnson. The updated vaccine report on the government website. Yesterday 543 thousand doses were administered
- Who was vaccinated. The vaccination campaign has involved as of June 8, 2021: 83% of over 80s, 37% of seventy-year-olds, and 30% of sixty-year-olds, 21% of fifty-year-olds, 14% of forty-year-olds, 11% of thirty-year-olds and 9% of 20-year-olds and 1% of adolescents fully vaccinated with a double or single dose of JJ.