Between the end of May and the beginning of June, Xiaomi has finally started the gradual release of the expected MIUI 12.5 on its smartphones. The update is planned for numerous smartphones of the house, both those under the Xiaomi and Redmi brands and those under the Poco brand and, among the known ones, at the moment Xiaomi Mi 11, Mi 11 Ultra 5G, Redmi Note 10 Pro, Poco have received it. X3 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 9.
We have therefore updated some of our smartphones in possession to test the news and above all to understand if the various bugs that plagued the MIUI 12 have been definitively solved or not.
MIUI 12.5 news and solved and new problems on video
Problems solved with MIUI 12.5 and new problems
The MIUI 12.5 Fortunately, it brings with it some highly anticipated fixes:
- it is now possible to use, even with active gestures, the picture-in-picture function with the various apps such as Google Maps, YouTube Premium and Netflix, simply by swiping to return to the home or going back;
- the problem of repeated notifications has been solved, so now we will no longer receive the same notification for different messages;
- on Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra 5G the problem of slowness in shooting has been partially solved;
- always on Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra 5G we have not verified photographic qualitative differences since the improvements thanks to the collaboration with DxOMark will arrive with the next MIUI 12.5.7.
At the same time, however, a new problem has arisen when using a music player as it appears in a fixed manner, occupying space, within the notification curtain, without any possibility of hiding it to make it disappear. At the moment the only solution is through ADB via Computer, certainly not within everyone’s reach.
The news of MIUI 12.5 EU
Now let’s move on to news that brings the MIUI 12.5 at the level of functions:
- when the smartphone starts up there is a new boot animation;
- at the first restart the new style of the control center is activated by default, that is with a swipe from top to bottom done on the left side of the screen it shows the notifications, while on the right side the quick links, however it can be deactivated in the Settings in Notifications and then Control Center Style
- graphically, the volume panel has been renewed
- in conjunction with MIUI 12.5 (but also available on some smartphones with MIUI 12) it is possible to move or remove the watermark from the photographs;
- there is a new super wallpaper or snowy peaks;
- in conjunction with MIUI 12.5, the notes application was updated by adding mind maps and the ability to draw shapes;
- there are new animations for the fingerprint sensor and not only albeit not very consistent
It may interest you: 10 problems of MIUI 12 and how to solve them