Even in Europe there are color bands in force, different from the Italian ones. They are decided by the ECDC, the European Center for the Prevention and Control of Diseases, and give indications regarding free travel to and from certain areas of the European Union. For the first time once region Italian has switched to the green zone, which indicates the lower risk.
Green, orange and red zone in Europe: how they are decided
The European color zones have been in effect since 13 October 2020, with a change arriving on 28 January 2021. They are updated every Thursday based on data on the spread of the coronavirus in EU member countries and are based on three parameters.
- Notification rate, i.e. the number of new infections from Covid reported every 100 thousand inhabitants at a regional level in 14 days previous.
- Rate of positivity ai test, that is the percentage of positive tests among all those carried out during the previous week.
- Number of tests every 100 thousand inhabitants made during the previous week.
Covid, what are the 5 color bands established by Europe
There are five colored areas in Europe, which identify as many risk bands. In ascending order they are the following.
- Zone verde, with less than 25 new positive cases per 100,000 inhabitants in the previous 14 days and the positivity rate below 4%.
- Zone Orange, with less than 50 new positive cases per 100,000 inhabitants and the positivity rate of 4% or higher, or with a number of new positives between 25 and 150 cases per 100,000 inhabitants and the positivity rate below 4% .
- Zone rossa, with a number of new positives between 50 and 150 cases per 100 thousand inhabitants and the positivity rate at 4% or higher, or with a number of new positives between 150 and 500 cases per 100 thousand inhabitants.
- Zone rosso dark, with more than 500 cases per 100 thousand inhabitants.
- Zone gray, if the data are insufficient or if the number of tests carried out falls below 300 per 100 thousand inhabitants.
L’Ecdc not recommend strongly travel to and from the dark red areas, e not recommend those to and from the red areas. The restrictions on circulation are however decided autonomously by the individual countries, which may provide for the introduction of a self-certification to move to areas considered to be at high risk.
Molise in the green area thanks to the low numbers of infections
The survey of June 3, 2021 indicates a single green area in Italy, namely the Molise. It is also among the top seven in all of Europe. The rest of our country is in the orange zone. According to the European classification, three regions of our country remain in red, that is Basilicata, Calabria e Valle D’Aosta.
L’Iceland e Malta they are the only states totally in green and almost all of the Finland is the same color. In the green area there are also two regions of the Poland and two of the Romania. The green zone is similar to our white zone, for which the Rt index is also considered.
Also found in red Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Slovenia and many territories of the Croatia, of the France, of the Greece and of Spain.