The Galaxy Note series is not dead: Galaxy Note 21 is coming

2021 is a strange year for one penuria on chip of any kind that has exploded in recent months and shows no signs of resolving. Uncertainties and instability affect the rest of the production chain, and almost all the major manufacturers of pocket technology have to deal with the current context that poses the same challenges to everyone in terms of procurement of components and assembly of final products.

Of magic wands there are none, not even for the big names in the sector such as Samsung ed Apple. And this is probably the reason why Samsung, having the feeling that the weather would make it even more difficult to obtain electronic components, in January 2021 extended the compatibility of the S Pen, which has always remained the prerogative of the series Galaxy Note, to the Samsung Galaxy S21. Probably we wanted to anticipate the scenario in which the difficulties impacted to the point of jeopardizing the exit of the Samsung Galaxy Note 21, and in 2021 there was not even a model in the range for connoisseurs of the nib. Scenario that eventually became concrete since no Notes will arrive this year.

Samsung Galaxy Note, the funeral can wait

But not next year, unless unforeseen disasters. According to the usual well-informed, in fact in 2022, after a year of forced stop, Samsung will return to enrich the Galaxy Note series. It seems inevitable for both do not delete a series which over the years has given the company several commercial satisfactions and yielded as many profits, both because the hard core of the Galaxy Note series lovers does not seem to have poured out on the Galaxy S21 which are also compatible with the S Pen.

In recent months there has been a lot of talk about the possibility that Samsung would definitively put the Samsung Galaxy Note on the bench, perhaps replacing it with the next leaflets equipped with a nib to offer customers a credible heir to the Note series.

The idea married by the rumors is supported by the rumors that have anticipated the compatibility of Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 with the S Pen, but apparently in the company they are not entirely convinced that this is the ideal time to make the Samsung Galaxy Note series go down in history, perhaps in light of the lower-than-expected results of Galaxy S21 as an alternative to the Notes.

Samsung and Apple dominate the market

I commercial results instead they support the decision to raise smartphone prices above thresholds that were prohibitive until a few years ago, despite the wide protests of a part of technology enthusiasts. In terms of pure revenue, almost half of the smartphone sector’s turnover goes to Apple (46%, to be precise), while the first of the pursuers is Samsung with 19%. The two market leaders absorb together 65% of the turnover of the last quarter, practically leaving the crumbs to the other players in the market.

In addition, Strategy Analytics analysts highlighted how the 25% of worldwide turnover is made up of smartphones whose production cost exceeds 900 dollars, therefore products from the price lists well beyond the psychological threshold of 1,000 euros. A range, that of super-premium smartphones, in which once again the good and bad weather are Apple e Samsung.

PREV Tragedy in Rome, 58 years old throws himself from the 6th floor: he died instantly
NEXT in the center-right the hypothesis of Maurizio Lupi- Corriere.it resumes