Here we are: the roll-out of the long-awaited is officially starting MIUI 12.5 by the Xiaomi developer team. Until now, in fact, those who wanted to try the news of the new MIUI version had to necessarily rely on the Beta ROMs. But with the advent of spring, the releases of the Stable version of the ROM that we will find on Xiaomi, Redmi e LITTLE. And as I already did with MIUI 12, I decided to create a new article where you can find the download link for all the available ROMs.
You can find them both in Fastboot that Recovery, giving you both possibilities for manual installation. In both cases, find the installation guide at the bottom of the article. As usual, in the event that the update released is not final, you will find the wording indicated Stable Beta. For those who do not know what they are, they are a cross between Beta and Stable ROMs. Once the Beta Testing phase is over, you get those ROMs that are defined in jargon as “Release Candidate”, that is, ready for roll-out. They are technically final and ready to the public ROMs, but which may still have some bugs and therefore are released as a Stable Beta to those who are part of the beta testing. You can still install them manually, but at your own risk.
Last updated: June 1st
MIUI 12.5 Stable: all versions available for the various Xiaomi, Redmi and POCO
Within this article you will gradually find all the versions of the MIUI 12.5 available for the various models: Global, EEA e China. For the moment, since we are still at the beginning, you will find very few models but they will be added gradually. Those indicated without download links mean that they are officially planned but for which the update has not yet been released. In case your model is not listed, it means that it is not expected to receive the update for the moment. But that may change in the future, so keep following us to stay updated on that.
How to install MIUI 12.5
MIUI 12.5 China
For the moment, on some models the MIUI 12.5 is only available in the form of a China Stable ROM, therefore without Italian language and with Google services absent by default. This means that, if you have a Global or EEA ROM, to switch to the China branch you will necessarily have to do it unlocking the bootloader. Once unlocked, you will need to switch to custom recovery TWRP compatible with your model in order to install the ROM. These steps involve the formatting memory, so make a backup of the data you want to keep if necessary.
At this point, download the Recovery ROM for your smartphone and copy it to its internal memory. Here is the procedure to follow:
- Turn off your smartphone and start it in Fastboot mode
- Connect it to the PC via USB
- In the ADB folder (usually “platform tools“) Hold down the Shift key, right-click on an empty spot and select”Open PowerShell window here”
- Enter the command “fastboot devices” to verify that the smartphone is correctly revealed (an alphanumeric string should appear)
- Enter the command “fastboot boot recovery twrp.img“(Instead of” twrp “enter the exact name of the TWRP file you are using) and press Enter while holding the Volume Up key to start the smartphone in TWRP mode
- From the TWRP screen click on “Install”And select the Recovery ROM file
- Start the installation procedure and restart your smartphone
MIUI 12.5 Global/EEA
If, on the other hand, you have a smartphone with MIUI 12 Global / EEA and the MIUI 12.5 Global / EEA has been released, then you can proceed with the installation without modding steps.
- Recovery mode
- Rename the downloaded file to “update.zip”And move it to the root directory of the memory in the smartphone
- Restart the smartphone in recovery mode
- Scroll with the volume keys and select the option “Install update.zip”By pressing the Power button
- Install it and choose “Reboot”In case it doesn’t reboot by itself
- Fastboot mode
- Download MiFlash Tool, extract the archive and install the software
- Restart the smartphone in Fastboot mode: to do this, press and hold the Power and Volume Down key for a few seconds when turned off
- Connect the smartphone to the PC
- Launch MiFlash Tool, click on “Select“And select the folder”Firmware”In the Fastboot ROM folder
- Click on “Clean all“, Set next to”flash_all.bat“And then on”Flash”At the top right to start the installation
- OTA Update Mode
- Download the ROM and copy it to the smartphone memory
- Go to “System Settings / Info“
- Click on the MIUI logo at the top left
- Click on the three dots at the top right
- Select “Choose the upgrade package“
- Choose the ROM in the memory and start the update
If these methods do not work, then you will necessarily have to act as if it were a China ROM. If so, refer to the previous chapter.
MIUI 12.5 Changelog
- Gesture response is now instant
- With 20x more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on screen.
- With custom adjustments based on device model, any phone gets faster after the update.
- MIUI becomes lighter, faster and more durable.
- System animations
- A new animation framework makes movement more realistic.
- The new UI design focuses on realistic visualization and interaction with the device.
- System sounds
- Nature mix is an exciting new way to create your own notification sound system.
- Hundreds of system sounds representing animals from all over the world.
- Stereo system sounds.
- Super Wallpaper
- Super Wallpaper del Monte Siguniang.
- Privacy protection
- You can now see which apps access your clipboard and control access to them.
- Using the approximate location adds points to privacy protection.
- You can manage sensitive permissions and related app behavior independently.
- The behavior of web pages is also monitored, which helps you block unwanted and harmful actions.
- It is up to you to decide who and when to monitor your online behavior.
- All apps now come with a GetApps security statement.
- Privacy Risk Scanner.
- Check which apps access and delete items from your Gallery.
- A complete overview of all sensitive permissions.
- You will be notified whenever high-risk permissions are used and can block corresponding actions.
- A brand new page on privacy protection.
- Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New tools for scribbling and drawing.
- Press and hold a sketch to automatically adjust the strokes.
- A gesture shortcut now lets you create notes, tasks and excerpts anywhere.
- Excerpts save texts, URLs and images in Notes with just a few simple taps.
- Dynamic layouts take typography in Notes to a new level.
- Completely new notes.
- You can combine your phone and computer in one workstation.
- You can view MIUI notifications and open phone apps on your computer.
- Apps from the phone can be transferred to the computer.
- Items copied to a phone can now be pasted to the computer and vice versa.
- Photos and screenshots from a mobile device can be used immediately on a computer.
- Web pages can be seamlessly transferred from one device to another.
- You can transfer files to your mobile device using the “MIUI +” panel of your computer.
- New “File Manager” and “Notes” for computer.
- Mobile windows
- Instant messengers now support floating windows.
- Floating windows can be quickly replaced with full-screen versions of apps.
- App flashcards show key information when apps are viewed as floating windows.
- Learn more about the new features in “Special Features”.
- Xiaomi Health
- You can now measure your heart rate using the camera.
- Start recording your running, walking and cycling workouts manually and enjoy many online training lessons.
- Automatic training recognition is now much more accurate.
- Home screen
- Ripples animation for app download.
- “Burst” animation for uninstalling apps.
- New design for app folders.
- A vertical layout for Recent.
- The aspect ratio is automatically adjusted on the external monitor during transmission.
- App audio that is streamed in a floating window is separate from the other audio.
- Xiaomi Cloud
- The password manager allows you to store passwords in the cloud.
- You can share the location of the device with other people in your family sharing group.
- Location information can be recorded automatically before the device turns off.
- Convert images to PDF.
- Mi Carrier
- You can now manage multiple SIM cards.
- A more convenient way to move a cursor using the scroll bar.
- Function buttons support switching between languages and keyboards.
- You can hold down the function buttons to access more functions.
- Custom keyboard themes.
- Third party font weight adjustment options.
- Customization features for system wallpapers, animations and sounds.
- Wallpaper customization in Lite mode.
- Redesigned Incognito Mode.
- Pages load much faster now.
- Mi Family
- You can now manage multiple SIM cards.
- Device control center refurbished.
- Local search results are now sorted automatically.
- All new design.
⭐️ Follow and support GizChina its Google News: click on the star to add us to your favoritesi .