Sicily, he said: “let’s spread the number of dead a little”. The councilor Razza renamed by Musumeci three months after his resignation

The dolphin of Nello Musumeci. The Sicilian commissioner Ruggero Razza, who resigned last March 30, following the investigation into the “smeared” data of the dead of Covid in Sicily, is now back in his place. On the other hand, Musumeci was aiming at this, already from the first day of his resignation and it was no coincidence that the president had maintained the interim of Health, without entrusting him to third parties, while Razza continued to move the ranks as a shadow alderman. In the last few days the rumors of his return had been chasing each other on the Island, but at the last it seemed to be fading. With a sudden blow of the tail, however, Musumeci announces the great return: “In these weeks of interim – said Musumeci – I was able to closely touch the quality of Sicilian healthcare operators, their self-denial and the commitment lavished by all during these long months of pandemic. They didn’t surprise me the appeals addressed by many operators and trade union representatives, certainly not accused of closeness with our government, who asked to resume the administrative process started with the commissioner. From the first moment I said that judicial investigations and political responsibilities must be separated, in full respect for the work of the judiciary and the principles that govern our democratic life. This is why I insisted with Ruggero Razza so that he could resume the role I had assigned him in November 2017. I am confident that this choice can contribute positively to concluding an administrative process started in recent years with the results that everyone knows ”.

But here’s what’s still in the investigation that arose from the investigations of the prosecutor of Trapani, and which for competence, was then transferred to Palermo. On April 20, the prosecutor of the Sicilian capital signed a new request, where it underlined: “In general it can be said that the will of the suspects to sending false data depended on the desire to show the existence in Sicily of an efficient health system, and also of a Covid monitoring information network up to the situation ”, wrote the deputy Sergio Demontis and the prosecutors Andrea Fusco and Maria Pia Ticino in the new request from Palermo. And they continue: “The reality was instead different from that made to appear, and it had to be hidden at all costs to prevent the repeated sending of untimely aggregated data, accompanied by notes pointing out chronic delays, from revealing the inefficiency of the monitoring system. It is useless to object, as the defenders do in their memoirs, that the region in January 2021 expressly asked the national government to Sicily in the red zone…. It is objected that the report signed by the suspect was drawn up when the president of the Region had already taken his own decisions, on which it is not at the state of the documents that the suspects exercised any influence “.

Between the two investigations were in the meantime deposited two briefs, one of the main suspects the head of the Health department, Maria Grazia De Liberti, and that of the councilor Razza: “The two memories start from an erroneous assumption – continued the prosecutors – that is, that the aggregated data are relevant for exclusively statistical purposes and only serve to compile the daily bulletin, which informative purposes only. This consideration appears to be denied by the surveys carried out which have established the relevance of the aggregate data “.

Source

Sicily lets spread number dead councilor Razza renamed Musumeci months resignation

PREV Djokovic wins Roland Garros and gives the racket to a boy “He supported and gave me tactical advice” – Corriere.it
NEXT so the masks have increased the disputes in Volo- Corriere.it