A building in via Valparaiso in Milan was evacuated around one o’clock on Monday due to a gas leak. Busy night in the street of the Solari area due to the problem, which at first was thought to depend on the pipes of the building itself but then it was discovered that it originated in an adjacent construction site.
None of the inhabitants needed medical attention and the residents themselves were able to return to their accommodation after a couple of hours of fire brigade checks. The citizens themselves called the fire brigade. At first it was feared that the leak was in the basement of a six-story apartment building.
Eventually the firefighters located the leak in an adjacent construction site. The local police and civil protection were also present at the scene of the incident.