October 10, 2021 6:35 pm
From the evening of today Sunday 10 October and for 24 hours until the evening of Monday 11 October, inconveniences are expected due to the general strike called by the autonomous base unions Cobas, Usb, Cub, Unicobas, Sgb, Orsa that ask for “a reduction in working hours. of work for equal wages, active policies against layoffs, precarious work and unemployment and for the revival of public investments in schools, health and transport “. The reasons also include the introduction of the green pass, the fight against discrimination and precariousness and the request for a guarantee of income and safety at work.
From the basic trade union union in these hours came a strong condemnation of the fascist assault on the national headquarters of the CGIL: “The national general strike on Monday 11 October proclaimed by the grassroots trade unionism will put the real problems of the country at the center and will not allow any accessibility to the fascists, however masked “they write recalling the strike scheduled for the next 24 hours.
Parades, sit-ins and flashmobs will be held in all major Italian cities.
- Turin – 10.30 am Porta Nuova
- Genoa – 9.00 am Iqbal Masih ferry yard (cooperative A. Di Negro)
- Milan – 10.00 am via Pantano 9 (Assolombarda)
- Bergamo – 2.30-5pm garrison at Confindustria, via Stezzano 87
- Brescia – 9.30 am station square
- Trento – 9.00 am procession from Piazza Dante to Confindustria
- Mestre – 9.00 am in piazza Barche, procession in via Torino (Confindustria) and Forte Marghera
- Trieste – 10.00 am procession from Piazza Goldoni
- Bologna – 10.30 am piazza dell’Unità, procession to Piazza del Nettuno
- Parma – 9.30 am at the Ospedale Maggiore, via Gramsci
- Florence – 10.00 am piazza Puccini
- Pisa – 10.00 am square of Miracles
- Livorno – 7 hours roundabout of the Cartiera (corner of the Genoa bridge-via Mattei)
- Perugia – 10.00 am piazza Italia
- Rome – 10.00 am garrison at Mise (via Molise)
10.00 am at the Ministry of Education (viale Trastevere)
10.00 am garrison of the Public Function (piazza Vidoni)
10.00 am piazza della Repubblica, procession to piazza SS.Apostoli
- Campobasso – 10.00 am, prefecture square
- Naples – 10.00 am Mancini square
- Catanzaro – 10.00 am Regional Citadel
- Gioia Tauro – 10.00 Port
- Cosenza – 9 am Loreto square
- Catania – 9.30 am procession from piazza Borgo to piazza Manganelli
- Palermo – 9.00 am procession from piazza Politeama to the Prefecture
- Ragusa – 10-12 hours garrison in Piazza Matteotti
- Cagliari – 9.30 am procession from piazza Garibaldi
Disruptions in schools and transport are expected: the agitation of the staff of the surface and underground lines is expected from 8.45 am to 3 pm and from 6 pm at the end of the service. The inconvenience for those traveling by train will begin even earlier: the FS group makes it known that the agitation will start at 9 pm on Sunday 10 October and end at 9 pm on Monday.
The strike on Monday 11 October
On 11 October 2021, a 24-hour strike was called by the personnel of the companies to which the Autoferrotranvieri – Internavigatori National Collective Labor Agreement applies. Scheduled public transport services may therefore be subject to variations or cancellations.
On the other hand, Trenitalia high-speed trains (the Frecce) and Intercity trains will circulate regularly on the occasion of the FS Italiane Group personnel strike proclaimed by some autonomous trade unions, in adherence to a general strike, from 9 pm on Sunday 10 October to 9 pm. Monday 11 October. For Regional trains, essential services are guaranteed in the busiest time slots from 6:00 to 9:00 and from 18:00 to 21:00. Since yesterday there have also been delays on the Milan-Bologna High Speed line due to technical problems with a longer journey time of up to 35 minutes for traveling trains.
Strike metro, buses, trams, trains, highways, airplanes, schools
- Planes: possible inconveniences for those who have to take a plane are foreseen for all 24 hours of 11 October.
- Highways: employees on duty at the motorway toll booths will be able to cross their arms from 10pm on Sunday to 10pm on Monday 11 October.
- Trains: inconveniences for those traveling on the railways could instead begin from 9 pm on 10 October until 9 pm on Monday 11 October. Guaranteed regional trains in the most frequented time slots: from 06.00 to 09.00 and from 18.00 to 21.00 on weekdays. Trenitalia and Italo trains, both medium and long-distance trains, are at risk.
- Metro, bus, tram: the local public transport strike may involve metro, buses and trams from 8.30 am to 5.00 pm and from 8.00 pm at the end of the service. All departures from the terminus will be guaranteed until 8.30 am and the resumption of the service from 5.00 pm to 8.00 pm.
- Schools: possible chaos also for public offices, with a particular eye on schools.