Almost four years after the baby’s death Kiera, the father admitted that he “neglected” his 19-month-old daughter because she watched TV and played in one night a few days before Christmas. The lifeless body of the little girl Kiera Conroy was found in his crib, in UK, as her parents prepared to go out with her after sleeping until 3pm, leaving her alone in another room.
Sudden death of Kiera in December 2017 it was initially treated as inexplicable. But after a very long time, Father Michael Conroy pleaded guilty in the UK Airrie Sheriff Court of “intentionally causing or procuring that her being mistreated, neglected or exposed in a way that could cause her unnecessary suffering or harm to her health” .
Sophie Fairall dies at 10 of cancer, but fulfills her last wish: cooking with chef Gordon Ramsay
The valium pills and the forgetfulness of the parents
Mother, Kirsty Boyle, was faced with the same charge, but her plea of not guilty was accepted by the court. The prosecution claimed that in the three days before his death, his father, di Coatbridge, “Had not provided Kiera with adequate nourishment and fluids, had left her alone and unattended for excessive periods of time and had failed to provide her with adequate living conditions.” The man also admitted that he had exposed his daughter to valium pills, so much so that in the little girl’s travel cot, some pads but no indication that he had taken them.
The wife said she and Conroy had been awake until 6:30, watching a box set on TV and playing on their phones. And he told the police: “We were both destroyed. We spent the whole night awake, it’s a bad habit ». The couple fell asleep on the sofa and didn’t wake up until 3pm, but not hearing the baby’s moans, they thought she was asleep. The intervention of the doctors was useless, because the child was already dead.