The granddaughter dies after swallowing a battery, great-grandfather found lifeless: “It had to happen to me”

The granddaughter dies after swallowing a battery, great-grandfather found lifeless: “It had to happen to me”
The granddaughter dies after swallowing a battery, great-grandfather found lifeless: “It had to happen to me”

Another drama hit the family of Harper-Lee Fanthorpe, the two-year-old girl who died a Stoke-on-Trent, UK, after swallowing one battery. His great grandfather, Peter Nicklin, aged 79, he could not bear the pain of the loss and, three months after the accident, he hanged himself. Those who knew him say that he was no longer the same and that he would have liked to die instead of the child. The little girl had her whole life ahead of her.

Read also> Eitan brought to Israel by his grandfather, his aunt does not fit: “He is an Italian citizen, we are activating the Hague Convention”

The granddaughter dies, the great-grandfather hangs himself

Peter Nicklin adored his great-granddaughter and couldn’t even attend her funeral after he died. It was too unnatural for him to have survived her; “Because they didn’t take me,” he repeated at home. Peter’s son, Harper-Lee’s grandfather, Darren Nicklin, he said his father was no longer himself.

The granddaughter dies, the great-grandfather hangs himself

“People of that age cannot bear the loss. The next day he said “why didn’t they take me instead of you?”, ”The son told the Daily Mail. Born and raised in Stoke-on-Trent, Peter dropped out of school and started working at a very young age. He was a family man, deeply proud of his three children Darren, Carl and Claire, as well as his wife Pauline, who he survived.

The granddaughter dies, the great-grandfather hangs himself

The elderly man died on August 15, while the investigation into the child’s death found that it was just an accident. The little girl died from injuries sustained from swallowing a button-shaped battery. Mom, Stacecy Nicklin, found a remote control with a button-shaped battery missing in her daughter’s bedroom after her death on May 23.


Last updated: Monday 13 September 2021, 13:51

© REPRODUCTION RESERVED

Source

granddaughter dies swallowing battery greatgrandfather lifeless happen

PREV Far Cry 6 on PS5 and Xbox Series X | S will not have ray tracing, confirms Ubisoft – Nerd4.life
NEXT LIVE COVID-19 – The Lazio bulletin. F1, Raikkonen positive. The vaccine situation in Italy: overtaking France and Germany. Victims alert in the USA