A free self-defense course open to all, organized and sponsored by all 9 Municipalities of Milan and the Municipality of Monza. It is held by someone who knows the subject very well: Mario Furlan, founder of the City Angels and creator of Wilding, instinctive and psychophysical self-defense.
To participate, just write to [email protected] Each course has a limited number (maximum 25 people). It will also be an opportunity to get to know the philanthropic reality of the City Angels, who begin a new training course in Milan in October. Of which, of course, instinctive self-defense is an integral part.
“Wilding is a personal defense different from the others because it does not focus on techniques to memorize, but on principles to internalize” explains Furlan. He adds: “Wilding is the self-defense that awakens your survival instinct. And it is based on 2Ps: psychology and prevention ”. Wilding is why the self-defense that City Angels learn in their training course. And it is also ideal self-defense in times of Covid-19, since it is based much more on the mental and behavioral aspect than on physical contact.
The self-defense course is interactive, lasts about 90 minutes and will be repeated in each of the Municipalities. It will be fun: you will improvise pickpockets, snatchers and bullies, to get into the mind of the offender and to observe the reactions of the “victims”. The course will take place outdoors, respecting the distance, to ensure absolute safety. And in the following ways:
Saturday 18th September
– from 3 to 4.30 pm, Town Hall 2: Cassina de Pomm Garden, entrance from via Melchiorre Gioia
– from 5.30 pm to 7 pm, Town Hall 9: Piazza Gae Aulenti, in front of the Red Feltrinelli bookshop
Sunday 19th September
– from 10 to 11.30, Town Hall 7: Piazza Axum, Helenio Herrera gardens
– from 3 to 4.30 pm, Town Hall 8: Garden of the Righteous, via Cimabue ang. via Isernia
– from 5.30pm to 7pm, Town Hall 6: Parco Don Giussani (formerly Parco Solari), via Solari ang. via Modestino, in front of Mood Caffé
Saturday 25th September
– from 3pm to 4.30pm, Town Hall 4: Nervesa public garden, via Nervesa 21
– from 5.30pm to 7pm, Town Hall 5: Viale Tibaldi 45, in front of the Zone 5 Council
Sunday 26th September
– from 11 to 12.30, Town Hall 1: Montanelli Gardens, in front of the monument to Montanelli
– from 3 to 4.30 pm, Town Hall 3: Gardens of Piazzale Gobetti
– from 5.30 pm to 7 pm: Monza, Piazza Trento and Trieste, in front of the Town Hall
For maximum realism, you will come to the self-defense course with the clothes you wear every day. “Heeled shoes and a jacket and tie are also fine, because we need to know how to defend ourselves dressed as we are at that moment” explains Furlan. This is the fifth year that the Wilding courses organized by the City Angels in collaboration with the territorial institutions take place. Each course will be introduced by an institutional representative (President or Councilor of the Municipality, and Municipal Councilor in Monza). “I expect many women, people over 40 and kids to participate again this year,” says Mario Furlan. Because “Wilding is more mental than physical. Therefore it is ideal for those who, although not particularly physical, still want an effective method to defend themselves “. By working on the psyche, Wilding also helps to gain confidence, self-esteem, assertiveness and awareness.