Coronavirus: the official bulletin with all the data of the pandemic in Calabria updated to today, Thursday 5 August
Today in Calabria 5 dead, 377 healed e 164 new cases on Coronavirus its 2.564 processed swabs. In the last 24 hours in Calabria the 6,00% of processed swabs. The Asp of Reggio Calabria announces that: “following verifications carried out, they are registered n. 3 deaths in RSA one occurred on 17 July 2021, one on 18 July 2021 and one on 4 August 2021“. In this regard, it should be noted that all the guests and staff of all the RSAs in Reggio had been vaccinated with both doses at the beginning of the vaccination campaign. It is therefore unfortunately yet another confirmation that even vaccinated people can die and that even in environments with complete vaccination outbreaks of infections, illness and deaths can occur. The Asp of Crotone has instead communicated that of the 40 positive subjects today 3 are migrants. The Bulletin of the Region provides the provinces of the new positive cases today, which are divided as follows:
- 55 in the Province of Reggio Calabria
- 44 in the Province of Cosenza
- 37 in the Province of Crotone
- 16 in the Province of Catanzaro
- 9 in the Province of Vibo Valentia
- 3 from Another Region or Foreign State
The number of cases in Calabria since the beginning of the pandemic is 71.586 people its 1.004.610 test subjects. The percentage of positives on the overall subsidiaries is 7,12%. In Calabria they were tried 14.03 swabs for each positive. Calabria, with these data, confirms itself as the region least affected by the pandemic in Italy. The updated balance sheet to date in Calabria is as follows:
- 71,586 total cases
- 1,265 dead
- 67.792 healed
- 2,529 currently positive
- 75 (+1) hospitalized (2,96%)
- 5 (=) admitted to intensive care (0,19%)
- 2.449 (-96) in home isolation (96,83%)
In light of these data, with such a low number of hospitalized, Calabria remains in the white area with a very wide margin. The passage into the yellow zone, based on the parameters of the new decree passed on July 22 by the Draghi government, would only take place if the number of hospitalized patients reaches 116 in the wards of ordinary medicine (where I am today 75) and at the same time i 14 in intensive care (where today I am alone 5). Even if only one of the two parameters is exceeded, the Region will remain in the “white zone”: for the passage to the yellow zone, both occupancy thresholds of the reference beds must be exceeded.
I 71.586 almost of Calabria are divided as follows into the 5 Provinces of the Region:
- Reggio Calabria 24,095 cases: 345 dead, 22.915 healed, 27 in ward, 2 in intensive care 806 in home isolation.
- Cosenza 23,838 cases: 579 dead, 22.274 healed, 36 in ward, 1 in intensive care, 948 in home isolation.
- Catanzaro 10,489 cases: 145 dead, 10,148 healed, 5 in the ward, 191 in home isolation.
- Crotone 6,866 cases: 101 dead, 6.546 healed, 4 in ward, 1 in intensive care, 214 in home isolation.
- Vibo Valentia 5,660 cases: 92 dead, 5.504 healed, 1 in ward, 63 in home isolation.
- From outside the region and from abroad 638 cases: 3 dead, 405 healed, 2 in ward, 1 in intensive care, 227 in home isolation
Here is the graph with the trend of the new cases of daily contagion in Calabria:
Note: The total of Catanzaro cases includes subjects from other structures and provinces who have been discharged over time. It should be noted that two patients from other provinces were hospitalized at the Germaneto Polyclinic. The deceased are indicated in the province of origin and not in the one in which the death occurred. The count also includes the two Bergamo patients transferred to Catanzaro, while the numbers of the infection received after the communication of the data to the National Civil Protection are not included.