On a day like this, full of interesting announcements – Huawei presented the P50 series and Motorola the Edge 20 series -, there is still plenty of room for software updates: the Android smartphones concerned are mainly based on OnePlus and Samsung, but there are also a Redmi and a TCL.
- Samsung Galaxy A12, A9 2018, A8 2018: the news of the updates
- OnePlus 6, 6T, 7, 7 Pro, 7T, 7T Pro, Nord N100, Nord CE 5G: the news of the updates
- Redmi Note 9: the news of the update
- TCL 10L: the news of the update
- Come aggiornare Samsung Galaxy A12, A9 2018, A8 2018, OnePlus 6, 6T, 7, 7 Pro, 7T, 7T Pro, Nord N100, Nord CE 5G, Redmi Note 9, TCL 10L
Samsung Galaxy A12, A9 2018, A8 2018: the news of the updates
Let’s start with smartphones Samsung, where we find a hat-trick that comes all from the brand’s A series.
Samsung Galaxy A12 (here’s our review) has started receiving a new update in Guatemala. This is the firmware version A125MUBS1BUG3, which contains the SMR (Security Maintenance Release) of July 2021. There are no other news to report.
The update that is arriving in these hours on the older Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 has a similar content: in this case the roll out has started from Brazil, the firmware version is the A920FXXU5CUG4 and the security patches of July 2021 are present. Again there are no other new additions.
A little surprisingly, the next smartphone belongs to the same generation, it is slightly lower, but it is receiving a newer update: preceded by a couple of days by the Samsung Galaxy A52 only, Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 is already receiving the patches of safety of August 2021. The new firmware A530FXXSLCUH1 it brings no other changes with it.
OnePlus 6, 6T, 7, 7 Pro, 7T, 7T Pro, Nord N100, Nord CE 5G: the news of the updates
OnePlus is the manufacturer who, by detachment, places the largest number of models in today’s collection of updates: we find beta updates and other stable, economic and non-economic models of very different price ranges.
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
OnePlus Nord CE 5G (here is our review) is one of the latest arrivals in the brand’s list and in these hours it is receiving an update that brings improvements at the system level – temperature control to avoid overheating – and camera – stability, clarity of images, white balance for greater uniformity and quality of shots in Nightscape.
Here is the complete changelog of the version 22.214.171.124 of OxygenOS, whose roll out started in India:
- Optimized overheating control management
- Improved the stability and fixed known bugs
- Improved the image clarity and stability
- Improved the white balance consistency for better imaging uniformity
- Improved the imaging quality of Nightscape
OnePlus Nord N100
OnePlus Nord N100 is the cheapest model in the line-up and is finally getting it Android 11 with OxygenOS 11 in version stable (here’s our comparison of the best Android customizations). Among the many new features – Conversations, Chat Bubbles, one-time permissions for position and microphone, new launcher, Game Space, renewed Ambient Display etc. – June 2021 security patches are also present.
here is the complete changelog of this major update, already rolling out also in Europe:
- Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.06
- Upgrade Google GMS to 2021.04
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview, and it can be generated automatically）
- Game space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text only heads up and block just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for WhatsApp and INS (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Dark Mode
- Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it
- Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range)
Much smaller and much less interesting is, however, the update for OnePlus 9R: alongside some optimizations, there are security patches July 2021, the screenshot function for theAOD and Bitmoji AOD. Here is the changelog of the OxygenOS 126.96.36.199:
- Optimized the overheating control management of third-party apps
- Optimized the experience of Quick Reply in some scenarios
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.07
- Updated GMS package to 2021.06
- Fixed known issue
- Ambient Display
- Newly added the screenshot feature for AOD
- Newly added Bitmoji AOD, co-designed with Snapchat, which will liven up the ambient display with your personal Bitmoji avatar. Your avatar will update throughout the day based on your activity and things happening around you ( Path: Settings – Customization – Clock on ambient display – Bitmoji )
OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, 7T, 7T Pro
For the quartet consisting of OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro, there is the OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 in roll out, with: June security patch, reduction in consumption, improved temperature management, fix of the bug that prevented playing high definition videos on some platforms, fix of the file manager crash problem and the problem of blurry photos if shot in full screen.
Here is the complete changelog:
- Reduced Power consumption
- Improved overheating control management
- Fixed the issue of not being able to play high-definition videos on some video platforms
- Upgraded Android Security Patch to 2021.06
- File Manager
- Fixed the crash issue of the application
- Fixed the issue that the camera is blurred when shooting on fullscreen size
- Improved the stability
- Optimized the dialpad UI display effect
OnePlus 6 e 6T
Also in the case of OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T we are talking about OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11, however we are in the beta branch: the Open Beta 2.
As can be seen from the changelog below, this is a build focused on optimization:
- Optimized the overheating control management of third-party apps
- Improved system stability and fixed known issues
- Fixed the issue of captured images can’t be saved
- Enhanced the connectivity of 5G Wi-Fi
Redmi Note 9: the news of the update
The work of spreading the MIUI 12.5: this time it’s up to Redmi Note 9, starting from Indian pattern (“Merlin”). This is a Stable build, including Android 11, the security patches of July 2021 and the news that we told you in our test.
Here is the change log of MIUI 12.5 for Redmi Note 9:
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to July 2021. Increased system security.
- Stable MIUI based on Android 11
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
TCL 10L: the news of the update
TCL 10L is not exactly the most famous Android smartphone on the market, however today it gets some visibility thanks to the arrival of the major update ad Android 11.
The OTA file weighs 3.2GB and carries Android 11 with the TCL UI in version 3.0.8BHS. Amidst known optimizations, stability improvements and bug fixes, there are these new features:
- Add memories photo album in gallery, photos can be automatically grouped into albums by intelligent classification
- Add lock screen interface to quickly open the application function
- Add split screen function for floating window mode
- Add less disturbing mode
- Add hidden applications folder
- Add Easy Link DLNA feature
- Add app Lock increases face unlock
- Add smart app recommendation and Game Box
- New privacy protection function, more comprehensive protection of privacy data security.
Come aggiornare Samsung Galaxy A12, A9 2018, A8 2018, OnePlus 6, 6T, 7, 7 Pro, 7T, 7T Pro, Nord N100, Nord CE 5G, Redmi Note 9, TCL 10L
Not all the updates described are (already) also available in Europe. In any case, you can perform a manual search using the following paths:
- per i OnePlus, “Settings > System > Software update“. For the OnePlus Nord N100 only, the build for Europe can be downloaded at this link.
- per i Samsung, “Settings> Software Updates> Download and Install“.
- per i Redmi, “Settings> System info> MIUI version> Check for updates“.
- for TCLs, “Settings > System > Software update“.