Ex-developers from Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica e Infinity Ward they founded a new team called That’s No Moon, which is already working on a large-scale project, which appears to be a adventure single player.
It is a sort of dream team, considering the curriculum of the developers who are part of it, and given these, it is even more interesting that the first game in development is a “single player adventure. triple A“, complete with a pharaonic investment for the debut title.
Behind this investment is the Korean publisher Smilegate, responsible for the famous Crossfire series, which will publish this first game by That’s No Moon, which immediately seems to be a really big game considering that the funds entered are 100 million dollars.
The creative director in charge of the project is Taylor Kurosaki, former narrative design lead of Naughty Dog and studio narrative director of Infinity Ward, together with game director Jacob Minkoff, who was lead designer on The Last of Us and design director on Call of Duty. : Modern Warfare.
Among others members of the That’s No Moon team we find:
- Michael Mumbauer (CEO, former Head of PlayStation’s Visual Arts Group)
- Tina Kowalewski (chief strategy officer, currently EVP and member of Giant Squid, as well as former director of product development at Sony Santa Monica Studio)
- Nick Kononelos (COO, ex senior development director di EA)
- Barry Genova (CTO, ex foundation engineering lead di Bungie)
- George Allison (CFO, ex head of finance for the Global Services Division di PlayStation)
That’s No Moon will have offices in Los Angeles and San Diego, with the team expected to grow to 100 employees by 2022. The team’s idea is to be “at the intersection of games, movies and TV“, which suggests possible mixed multimedia projects in the future.