With the green pass – the certification in digital format made available by the national platform of the Ministry of Health, which contains a QR Code to verify its authenticity and validity – it is possible to access any type of indoor dining service, shows, events and sports competitions, museums, institutes and places of culture, swimming pools, gyms, wellness centers, fairs, festivals, conferences and congresses, spas, theme and amusement parks, cultural and recreational centers, gambling halls and casinos, public competitions.
But how are bars, restaurants and other businesses going to check who has the green pass? This is a question that many have asked themselves, especially the owners of various businesses.
The authenticity and validity of the certification can be verified in Italy through the national app VerificaC19.
The COVID-19 Green Certification verification process involves the use of the national verification app VerificationC19, installed on a mobile device. This application allows you to verify the authenticity and validity of the certifications without the need for an internet connection (offline) and without storing personal information on the verifier’s device.
The app (here the version for Android, here that per iPhone/iOS) is easy to use. Below is the explanation on how the verification takes place:
- The Certification is requested by the verifier to the interested party who shows the relative QR Code (in digital or paper format).
- The Verification C19 App reads the QR Code, extracts the information from it and proceeds to check the qualified electronic seal.
- The Verification C19 App takes into account rules to verify that the Certification is valid.
- The Verification C19 App graphically shows the verifier the effective validity of the Certification as well as the name, surname and date of birth of the holder of the same.
- At the request of the verifier, the interested party exhibits a valid identity document for the purpose of verifying the correspondence of the personal data present in the document with those displayed by the App.
Who can verify the documents?
Article 13 of the Prime Ministerial Decree dated 17.06.2021 expressly grants certain types of users the right and the duty to personally verify the correspondence between the Green Pass and the identity document of the person. Among the operators who can verify the Certification, there are:
- Public officials in the exercise of their functions.
- The personnel assigned to control services for entertainment and show activities in places open to the public or in public establishments registered in the list referred to in article 3, paragraph 8, of law no. 94.
- The owners of the accommodation facilities and public establishments for which the possession of COVID-19 green certification is required, as well as their delegates.
- The owner or legitimate holder of places or premises where events and activities are held to participate in which possession of the COVID-19 green certification is required, as well as their delegates.
- The managers of the facilities that provide health, social-health and social-assistance services for which the possession of COVID-19 green certification is required as visitors, as well as their delegates.
For all the articles that talk about the coronavirus pandemic and the impacts on the world of technology, work and remote education, as well as on solutions for remote communication, we start from this page.