A proposal for first proclamation and street evangelization in the Corso di Porta Ticinese area in Milan (at the oratory of the parish of S. Eustorgio and the Basilica of S. Eustorgio: the invitation to participate is open to young people aged 18 to 35 years
After a long period of forced stop due to the pandemic, “Light in the Night” resumes: in the Corso di Porta Ticinese area in Milan some young people contact other peers inviting them, without forcing them, to enter the church for a meeting with Jesus present in the Eucharist.
The initiative intends to make young people live an experience of street evangelization in the first person and may well be part of an “exit” path in favor of youth groups in the area. In the moment of preparation some dynamics will be faced that necessarily come into play when someone is invited to “enter the church” or to participate in some spiritual proposal.
Responsible: The youth of the Light in collaboration with the Youth Service and the University
Recipients: young people aged 18 to 35
Data: Saturday, July 17, 2021
Place: Oratory of the parish of S. Eustorgio and Basilica of S. Eustorgio – p.zza S. Eustorgio, 1 – Milan
NB The Basilica of S. Eustorgio is served by trams n ° 3, 9 and 10, by bus 94 and by the station stop Genoa of the green metro line. There is also the possibility of parking in the interior spaces of the parish.
6.00 pm: welcome, prayer, insights (please be punctual!)
7.30 pm: dinner (pizza is provided; if you suffer from celiac disease or if you have other food intolerances / allergies, it is good to advise)
8.15 pm: preparation of the church and formation for those in their first time
9.15 pm: prayer and sent to the evangelizers
10.30 pm: beginning of evangelization
01.00: thanksgiving, arrangement of the church and conclusion.
Some special things:
– On the occasion of winter appointments it is good to cover up well (and in case gear up for the rain): better a sweater to take off than to feel cold all evening;
– If it is your first time and you have doubts: do not be afraid because it will be a wonderful experience, you will never be alone and everything you need to know will be explained to you;
– Bring your Bible with you: it will be useful in moments of prayer;
– If you feel the need for reconciliation: we ask you to provide in time so as not to occupy the priests during the evening;
– The experience must be lived from beginning to end: if you are unable to participate from 18.00 you can join from 22.30 by staying in the church to pray;
– If you have friends who might be interested in discovering this experience or you know priests who could help with the sacrament of reconciliation… DRAG THEM BEHIND !!! Without them knowing, you will give them a great gift!
– Finally, for everyone’s sake remember to bring the anti Covid-19 mask with you.
– if you have already participated in Light in the Night, click this link and leave your name and your membership no later than Thursday 15 July 2021 according to the instructions you will find.
– if it is your first time, fill in this online form always no later than Thursday 15 July 2021.
Youth and University Service
c / o Ambrosian Pastoral Center
Via S. Carlo, 2 – Seveso (MB)
Tel. 0362 647.500
E-mail: [email protected]
You can also keep up to date via the Facebook page of Luce nella Notte