From today, until 31 December 2021, it is possible to submit an application for the temporary allowance, the new support measure for families with dependent minor children who are not entitled to the allowance for the family unit (Anf), i.e. workers self-employed, unemployed, direct farmers, settlers and sharecroppers, holders of self-employment pensions and families who do not have all the necessary requirements to be entitled to the Anf.
The application can be submitted from 1st July to 31st December 2021, using the usual channels: Inps web portal, using the specific online service via Spid, Electronic Identity Card 3.0 (Cie), National Service Card and Inps Pin issued by 1 October 2020; Integrated Contact Center; Patronage bodies.
For applications submitted by 30 September 2021, the arrears will be recognized from 1 July. The procedure is extremely simplified, just enter the tax code of the minor children and the IBAN on which to credit the sums, as well as having a current Isee (which must not be attached). Payment will be made by crediting to a current account, bank transfer, payment card with Iban or postal book in the name of the requesting parent.
In the case of legally separated or divorced parents with shared custody, the payment is split 50 percent between the two parents, or made to the only requesting parent in the presence of an agreement between them.
Those who already receive the Citizenship Income do not have to submit the application, as the amount of the check due will be paid automatically by the INPS directly on the RdC payment card. As regards those who are already beneficiaries of a family allowance, from 1 July 2021 to 31 December 2021 they will be paid an increase of 37.5 euros for each child, for families with up to two children, and 55 euros. for each child, for families of at least three children.
The increase is also recognized in the presence of adult children unable to carry out a profitable job, as well as children aged between 18 and 21 if students or apprentices and belonging to numerous families.
The procedures for submitting the application remain the same as those currently in force. The amount of the sums theoretically due by way of ANF, including the increase, will be made available to employers according to the usual channels.
Single check from 1 July: it is compatible with citizenship income
References: Inps circular n.92 of 30 June 2021 (Anf increase) Inps circular n.93 of 30 June 2021 (temporary check).
- be an Italian citizen or a member state of the European Union, or his / her family member, holder of the right of residence or the right of permanent residence, or be a citizen of a state not belonging to the European Union in possession of an EU residence permit for residents long-term or residence permit for work or research purposes at least six months;
- be subject to the payment of income tax in Italy;
- be domiciled and resident in Italy and have dependent children up to the age of eighteen;
- be resident in Italy for at least two years, even if not continuous, or be the holder of an open-ended or fixed-term employment contract with a duration of at least six months;
- the applicant’s family unit must have a valid indicator of the equivalent economic situation (ISEE)
How to apply
The application must be submitted electronically to INPS or at the patronage institutes. The methods will be indicated by INPS by 30 June 2021.
The effective date of the measure remains valid from the month of submission of the application itself. For applications submitted by 30 September 2021, the arrears are paid starting from July 2021.
TABLE of amounts
Single child allowance from 1 July: table of amounts, requirements. Telematic application to INPS